Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Favorites!

Hello!  I hope everyone had a fantastic October!  This month I discovered (and re-discovered) some beauty and non-beauty favorites and thought I would share!


My first pick is Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.  I have heard about this product for ages, but only recently decided to test the waters so to speak!  And I wish I would have dove in earlier.  This one product can be used in three different ways:
1. as a primer: press onto skin and immediately apply makeup.
2. as a leave on mask: press on to skin and leave on for 20 minutes.
3. as a mid afternoon pick me up for your face: press onto skin OVER makeup to refresh skin.

Personally, I just use it as a primer and a mask.  I tried using it over my makeup one afternoon and it did not do anything for my face, and in fact it made my makeup look worse.  BUT like I said, for a primer or as a mask, this stuff works great!  You can buy it here for $45.00.

My next pick is Jimmy Choo's latest fragrance, "Flash."  This smells amazing!  I actually bought it when it first came out a couple of months ago and wore it off and on, but throughout October it seemed as if I reached for it everyday.  It is a heavier scent than most, which makes it perfect for the change in weather as we approach the colder months.  Because I am absolutely horrible at describing scents, this is how Jimmy Choo describes it on their site: "Pink pepper, tangerine, and strawberry open the fragrance with a fresh, sparkling introduction. Heart notes of strong, exotic white flowers reveal a sexy character. A base of white powdery woods leaves a lasting impression, both seductive and modern."  You can buy it here for $55.00 for 1.3 oz or $98.00 for 3.3 oz.

My next beauty pick is Josie Marans Argan Illuminator.  I only recently picked this up from Sephora, but I have since incorporated it into my everyday beauty routine.  You can pat this on top of your foundation to highlight specific areas of the face or you can mix it in with your foundation for an all over radiance.  You can even use it on the rest of your body as well, such as collar bone, legs, etc!  It has a very natural finish and the bronze color is just right!  You can purchase it here for $28.00.


My last beauty pick is Laura Merciers Silk Creme Foundation.  I go back and fourth between foundations pretty often, BUT when I want a full coverage foundation that does not dry out my skin, this is my number one pick.  The finish is beautiful, especially when mixed with the Josie Maran Argan Illuminator.  It covers up any blemishes beautifully and looks very natural.  The finish of the foundation by itself is more on the matte side, however, when paired with the illuminator, it gives the perfect dewy look.  Definitely a staple in my makeup collection.  You can purchase it here for $43.00.


My next pick is a fashion favorite this month!  It is my spikey ear cuff that I picked up from Forever 21.  Isn't is great?!  I haven't really seen anything like it and am totally obsessed!  It looks like it is no longer available online at Forever 21, but some may still have it in stores.  You can also find similar styles here.


My final pick are these round sunnies from target!  I love the shape of them, and they definitely fit the oval glasses trend, am I right?!  You can find them here for only $16.99!  I like spending less money on trendier items, because, well trends come and go.  I would rather splurge on classic pieces!



Hope you enjoyed!  Let me know what you loved this October!

xoxo
linds&bells

IFB Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Beauty Flash Balm is amazing!! I've been wanting to check out the Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation. I'm finishing off my Laura Mercier Crème Smooth right now. It's amazing, but too think for every day use. I'm hoping Silk Crème does the trick. Also, love the glasses!

    xx Lauren
    Dirty Blonde Ambition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you will really love the Silk Creme Foundation! Let me know what you think if you end up getting it!!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  2. Really like the earcuff!
    http://tendenciesfashandbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it was unique and it was so inexpensive from forever 21! Thanks for reading!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  3. Looove that earring!

    xo

    theluxelion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just checked out your blog and your Audrey costume is perfect! such a great idea
      xx
      lindsey

      Delete
  4. Love your blog, would you like to follow each other? Just let me know and I will follow u back
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes definitely! just followed through google and bloglovin!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too! I love trying out new products! Thanks for reading!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  7. I've never tried the Laura Mercier silk foundation, I do their tinted moisturizer but it sounds like a great product!

    xx
    Mindy

    www.KINDofLUXE.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lauras tinted moisturizer! The silk creme is just as beautiful, but provides more coverage and I think lasts longer throughout the day. If you try it, let me know what you think of it!

      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete