Friday, November 1, 2013

Lets Talk Lashes

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone had a great Halloween and is ready for the weekend!  Instead of today's usual Face Mask Friday, I wanted to talk about something I always get asked about: mascaras!  Everyone wants to know which one is the best right?!  Here are my top three!  I chose a drug store pick, an averaged priced pick, and a high end pick:


The first, and my personal favorite, is Benefit's They're Real mascara.  This mascara works unbelievably well, and coming from someone who has short straight lashes, that is a major statement.  This is a jet black mascara that really lengthens the lashes, without the clumps!  The wand has a unique tip, which allows you to maneuver the brush to coat hard to reach inner corner lashes.  According to the Sephora website:

In a consumer panel survey, the following results were reported:
- 94% saw dramatic length and volume
- 90% saw base-to-tip curl
- 94% saw visible lift
-100% saw long-wearing results

While more expensive than a drug store mascara, it is not as expensive as some high end picks!  For $23.00, you can achieve the same great lashes $30.00 + bottles of mascara give you.  You can pick it up here for $23.00 for the larger size or $10.00 for the sample size.


My next pick is the high end YSL's "Shocking" mascara.  This mascara provides lots of volume and really makes the lashes look full!  I use it when I want a really "glossy & black" look, however if you use too many coats of this mascara, it can look a little clumpy and spider like.  So you have to find that balance of what looks best for your lashes.  This mascara is also a top pick of mine because it comes in several different colors, such as purple, green, and blue!  It is a bit pricier, coming in at $30.00!  If you are interested, you can pick it up here.


My final pick is Maybellines "The Falsies: Volum Express," mascara.  Coming in at only $7.77, it is a great budget friendly option.  As you can see from the picture, it has a curved wand that really mimics the shape of your eye, allowing it to grab ahold of every single lash.  It coats lashes I didn't even know I had!  This also makes a great bottom lash mascara because of the wand shape.

This mascara gives the lashes lots of volume, but not so much length.  So, feel free to use this mascara with a lengthening one for your perfect eyelash combination!  I like to pair this with Benefits They're Real for the perfect lash look!  You can pick up this mascara at your local drugstore- I got mine from Target!


Thanks for reading!

xoxo
linds&bells

IFB Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. I love maybelline they make some of the best mascaras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too and you cant beat the price! Thanks for reading!

      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  2. I think so too and you cant beat the price! Thanks for reading!

    xx
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear,
    Nice post !
    I’m an Italian Fashion blogger and I really love your blog, are you interested in a collaboration?
    Contact me on alice.cerea@gmail.com

    Baby what’s up?!| My blog
    Baby what’s up?!| Facebook Page

    Follow me, I’m following you :)

    Kisses, Alis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just followed your blog and sent you an email!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  4. This reminds me that I need to get a new mascara...these ones look fab!! have a great weekend doll x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Which mascara did you end up going with?!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  5. Awesome review! Given me a broader idea for my next mascara purchase! Thank you Lindsey!

    Annie xx
    Pure Élan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! Let me know if there are any new mascaras out there I should be trying haha!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  6. love the different mascaras at different price points! i'm DYING to try YSL's mascara!

    xo, Alicia
    River City Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The YSL one is great! If you get it, please let me know what you think of it! Its great in the different colors too! Thanks for reading
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for reading!
    xx
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Maybellines "Volum Express"! my favorite! :) great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I love it too! And you can't beat the price! A staple in my makeup bag...
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  9. I've used all of those and I have to say I love the benefit and YSL mascaras! I'm wearing my YSL right now.

    xo

    http://theluxelion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete