The kit comes with 6 different eyeliners, 3 of which are pencil and the other 3 are liquid. It is a great way to test out different eyeliners and see which one works best for you! This would also make an amazing gift, without breaking the bank. It retails for $30.00, but says it has a $79.00 value!
I actually ordered this BEFORE my em michelle phan eyeliner came (and thus before my love for it started), but nonetheless, this Sephora kit is a good value and definitely review worthy.
First isn't the packaging great?! It comes with a pretty pink cutout laid over a beautiful rose gold box. The box houses an Eyeko skinny liquid liner, a Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes waterproof eyeliner pencil, a Sephora Brand long lasting 12 hour wear liquid eyeliner, a Stila Smudge Stick waterproof pencil eyeliner, a Stila Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner, and an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On double ended pencil eyeliner.
For only $30.00, you are getting six of Sephora's top selling eyeliners! You can give the gift as is, or you could even break up the eyeliners and use them as stocking stuffers!
I swatched all of the liners so you can see them in comparison to one another.
- The Sephora brand liquid liner was disappointing. As you can see below, it looks washed out and almost watery. It was far from being a deep black liner. It also had huge chunks of glitter in it- just overall not for me and I would not purchase this liner.
- The Eyeko liner swatched beautifully and had great pigmentation. The black was very black, as well as super shiny!
- The Stila Liquid Liner was very pigmented, but looks more brown than black. The applicator is great though, allowing you to create thick or thin lines.
- The Stila Pencil Liner was very black, smooth, and had a thin tip applicator.
- The Urban Decay Liner came was dual ended, with one side having a black liner and the other side having a brown liner. Both liners have a chubbier tip, making it harder to apply a precise line, in my opinion. I prefer thinner tipped liners.
- The Make Up For Ever Liner applied very smoothly, but the color was off to me. It was a weird mix of brown and grey, and I wish it was more black. I would have loved a super black liner because the formula seems awesome.
Overall, for the price, it definitely is worth the buy because some of these eyeliners by themselves can be close to $30.00 each!
I rubbed my arm to see how well the liners wore. As you can see, the Sephora liner and the brown Urban Decay liner are pretty much gone, while most of the others stayed strong.
I hope you guys found this review helpful!
And as always, thanks for reading!