Thursday, December 12, 2013

Blogmas Day 12: Peppermint Plates?!

Hey everyone!  Today I wanted to show you a super fun and creative idea for the holidays!  All you need for this project is a few bags of peppermint candies, an oven, wax paper, and a baking sheet!  The end result is an amazing platter you can use for decor or for serving holiday desserts!



To begin, start by lining a baking sheet with wax paper.  Next, arrange the mints in any shape you like! For this post, I used a bowl to get a circular shape!




After you are satisfied with your shape, bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes!  As a side note, I did notice that the shape does shift during the baking process- as my perfect circle was not so perfect after the 8 minutes in the oven!  Oh well, I still love the way it came out!




Carefully remove the wax paper from the baking sheet and let the mint platter cool on the wax paper for at least 30 minutes.  It is VERY fragile, so be extra careful!


After cooling, you can use the tray as a decoration or to display some yummy desserts!








What do you guys think?!  You can also use green mints, or a combination of both for a super cool look!

I hope you enjoyed this holiday post!
xoxo
linds&bells


IFB Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! I have never seen anything like that before, it's awesome!! Well done, I want to make one now, haha!! I hope you have a great weekend doll xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete